Mirjam (left on the picture) has worked as a midwife for over 10 years. In 2012 she qualified as an International Board certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC). She loves the beauty of every pregnancy and every mother-baby situation, because every one of them is special. She really enjoys getting to the bottom of complicated breastfeeding situations ant thrives when a mother and baby grow in their own particular ways. She is also a trained babymassage- and babywearing consultant.
Marianne has a background in social work (family care) and is trained as a Breasfeeding coach. She loves to see parents take grip of their role as a parent and how breastfeeding their baby can be a great part of that. Her particular talents, besides the normal breastfeeding process, are in coaching mothers (parents) in this new role and in all the questions that rise up in having a new baby (even if it isn’t parents' first baby). Attachment is a very important concept in all this. Marianne too is a trained babymassage- and babywearing consultant.
As Borstvoeding & meer we always try to find a solution that suits the family we’re helping: what’s good for all of you? We like to think in challenges rather than problems and over the years we’ve found out that there is a great ‘grey area’ between breastfeeding and powdered milk.
As a Lactation Consultant Mirjam is trained to help mothers and baby's in the breastfeeding process with a wide range of problems, e.g.:
Marianne also helps families with the breastfeeding process as long as there are no pathological problems with mother or baby. For example:
We’re always happy to talk with your healthcare adviser, doctor or maternity care giver (kraamzorg/ midwife).
Beside Breastfeeding consultations at your house, Borstvoeding & meer also offers private consultations in babywearing and babymassage. All can be done in English.
Every month we organize one-night breastfeeding courses, for you to attend (with your partner), check 'Informatieavonden' (klikbare link). Those nights are all in Dutch. Marianne is also very happy to do a Basic consultation at your house with all the in's and out's you need to know before your baby is born.
There are several scenario's in which you and your baby together is not entirely enough to have a happy breastfed baby and a happy mum. In these scenario's, especially when occurring during the first couple of weeks after birth, you might need a powerful breast pump to help you through. We have the Ardo Carum for rent for those occasions. If you're further on in your breastfeeding adventure, you could also buy Ardo Calypso pumps from us.
Besides pumps we also have babyscales for rent in case the growth of your baby needs to be monitored.
Would you like to get out of the house and could you use some information or advice, want to try feeding in public or just would like to see some people, visit our Mamacafé. You're very welcome to come and join us in the Yoghurt Barn, every 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month between 10.00 and 11.30. At least one of us will be there for you.
A small coffee or tea is on the house if you order a Yoghurt.
Vinkenburgstraat 51, opposite the Neudeflat.
· All-in breastfeeding consultation: € 125,- This includes a visit of 1,5 hrs max, plus elaborate email report and 2 phone appointments (or email/whatsapp) in the 14 days following the consultation.
· Basic consultation: € 75,- This includes a visit of 1 hr, plus short evaluation phone appointment after 7 days.
· Follow up care: € 30,- This includes 2 phone appointments (or email/whatsapp), following an all-in or basic consultation.
· Phone consultation: € 15,- (basic costs)
· Email consultation: € 22,50
· Babywearing: € 70,- This includes a visit of 1 hr with information on babywearing and different materials and/or learning to carry your baby safely, comfortably and ergonomically correct. Extending time is possible.
· Baby massage: € 95,- This includes a visit of 1,5 hrs of private babymassage course for you and your partner. Baby’s age should be (nearly) 6 weeks or up. Including a reader and massagewax.
- We will come to you for consultations, so there is no traveling for you.
- Within Utrecht city we do this for free, outside (e.g. Leidsche Rijn, Maarssen, Nieuwegein) we charge a one way fee measured from postal code 3561 TA Utrecht: €0,50 per km
- Surcharges: In the evenings (after 6 p.m.) and during the week-end (Saturday and Sunday) the consultation costs will be 25% higher. During official public holidays (Christmas days, 31 december, 1 january, King's day, Easter days, Ascension day, Pentecost days) the surcharge is 30%.
- Cancellations within 24 hours before the start of the consultation: half the consultation fee will be charged.
If you have a Dutch additional health insurance, you might want to find out what their policy is on lactational care. Part or all of the cost may be covered.